Has your community faced multiple 100-year storm events in the past five years? The facts are clear. Because of the recent surge in frequent and intense storm events, storm water management is a pressing municipal engineering issue that keeps growing. And local communities can especially feel the hard hits. But as regulatory requirements and environmental concerns continue to evolve, the field of storm water management is changing rapidly. This is when having local expertise about your municipality’s geography counts in a big way. Fortunately, our in-depth knowledge of local watersheds, environmental concerns, land-use, soils and geology helps us navigate these changes and develop a comprehensive approach to storm water treatment that’s specific to your community’s needs.
To help our communities stay afloat and robust, we offer the following storm water management services:
• Comprehensive storm water management planning and design
• Storm water utility development
• Storm water rate studies
• National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES) permit compliance
• Streambank stabilization
• Water quality analysis using Source Loading and Management (SLAMM)
• NR216 permit compliance
• Erosion control plans and illicit discharge detection/elimination
• Floodplain modeling and mapping
• Construction of individual and regional storm water management facilities
Storm Water Management provides an opportunity for incorporating sustainable engineering into your community. Consider this: some of the best management practices handle storm water treatment through retention ponds, rain gardens and/or the use of porous pavements. Our team is filled with skilled, local experts who provide your community with unique solutions that not only control runoff, flooding and pollution, but also provide low-cost, public education opportunities.
Ready to collaborate with Ruekert/Mielke on Storm Water Management?